By visiting the Site or using Software or a Service, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy, and consent to the same. Your use of the Site, Software, or a Service, and any controversy or dispute related to the privacy or use of your personal information, is subject to this Policy, along with other applicable terms and conditions, including limitations on damages and resolution of disputes (the applicable End User License Agreement for Software, for example), which are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
1. What is personal data and what information does Vidict collect about you?
- "Personal Data", means any information which identifies or can be used to identify a natural person, including, but not limited to, first and last name, phone number, email address, IP address, billing information, etc.
- Vidict may collect information directly from you and, where allowed by law, from third parties as well as through your use of our Site, Software, and Services.
- Information We Collect Directly From You. Certain areas and features of the Site, Software, or Services may require registration or the submission of information by you. When you register with us, we collect, among other things, your name, email address, a user name and password. We may also collect additional optional information. Where the submission of information by you is optional, rather than required, we take reasonable measures to make this distinction clear (marking required fields "required," for example).
- Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect information about you and your use of the Site, Software, or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies and methods. The information we collect in this manner may include the following: your domain name, IP address, location, and manner in which you connect with or to the Site, Software, and Services; information about your browser, device, operating system, and mobile device; the date and time on which you visit the Site or use the Software or Services and the length of time you do so; details regarding your use of the Site, Software, and Services, and other software products or services; web pages you view and links you click or access; information related to your payment for Software and Services; and the referring URL, site, or services that led you to the Site and information related to that referral.
2. What will Vidict do with my Personal Data?
- In general, we use the information we collect about you to develop and improve our Site and the Software and Services, to develop new products and services, to customize and target content and information we provide or market to customers and others, and to comply with laws and court orders. Some examples of our use of the information we collect include the following:
- 1. For customer service purposes. For example, to communicate with you about your use of the Site, Software, or Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other similar purposes.
- 2. To personalize your experiences on the Site and in the Software and Services. For example, to tailor the content and information that we send or display to you, to display targeted advertising, to offer location customization, and to offer personalized help and instructions.
- 3. For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, in accordance with applicable law, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you and your use of our Site, Software, and Services to assist us in advertising on third party websites and for other purposes.
- 4. For product and service improvement purposes. For example, to better understand how users access and use our Site, Software, and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site, Software, and Services, to respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research, analytical, and commercial purposes. For information on how to opt-out of cookies on related forms of tracking, see our cookies policy below.
3. Will Vidict share my personal data?
- Non-Personal Data, aggregate and statistical or otherwise anonymized or pseudo-anonymized data may be shared without limitation with third parties at our discretion. This information does not contain Personal Data and is used to develop content and services for our Users and Customers.
- We share Personal Data only under the following limited circumstances:
- 1. With third parties who assist us in operating and providing the Services, conducting our business and expanding our business or servicing you, and for personalizing your experience of the Site, including by way of target advertising.
- 2. To comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of others, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or the Services, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
4. What is the lawful basis under which Vidict processes Personal Data?
- Certain processing activities conducted by us are based on the necessity of such activities for the performance of the contract or other agreements between us and our Users, including our Customers.
5. What Is a cookie?
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are placed on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. Some cookies are "persistent cookies" - these remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in the cookie and are activated each time the user visits the website. Other cookies are "session cookies" - these are temporarily stored on a user's device; once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- 1. Cookies - Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, the Software, and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site, in our Software, and while using our Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The "Help" portion of the toolbar on most internet browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features, including shopping cart and purchases, may not function fully or in the manner intended if you disable cookies.
- 2. Local Storage Objects, Clear GIFs, tracking pixels and pixel tags, and other technologies. We may use Local Storage Objects ("LSOs"), to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit to our Site. LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of LSOs through your web browser. Similarly, clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in functionality to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
7. How does Vidict protect my personal data?
- We take appropriate security measures to protect Users' information against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. Please note that these security measures cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with disclosure of information.
8. Persons under 16
- Our Site is a general audience site which is not directed to persons under 16 years old. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Data without their consent, he or she should contact us immediately.
9. Updates to this Policy
- Vidict may update this Policy occasionally to ensure that you are informed of our practices with regard to personal information. When we update this policy, we will update www.vidict.net/privacy and, depending on our view of the significance of the update, send an email to all Site, Software, and Services users notifying them of the update. Your continued use of the Site, Software, or Services following such an update to this Policy on the Site indicates your acceptance of the updated Policy.
10. Will I receive Marketing Communications from Vidict?
- We may send users of the Services, information for new products, features, activities, services, and periodic announcements or newsletters.
11. Questions or concerns regarding privacy?
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy issues, please send us a detailed message to: email@example.com and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns without delay.